View the Live Stream of the
Eisenhower Middle School now.
Below is our new, more informative bond report format. You made the impossible happen, so we are committed to ensuring that everyone knows as much as possible about our bond progress.
Progress Corner (Written by Dr. Tom Deighan, LPS Superintendent)
May 23, 2018
I am amazed at the progress since the bond as well as the other things going on. A big thanks to everyone involved:
Bond and Projects Update – just over half a year after bond election:
- EMS celebrated groundbreaking for new building yesterday.
- Seven elementary schools celebrated groundbreaking for safe rooms this week.
- Furniture and Technology Committees: Still working on plans; may need extra time to complete first recommendations (better to be right than to be fast).
- Special Program Equipment (Band, Athletics, Ag, Etc): Board reviewed at last board meeting. Amounts to principals soon – funds available in fall for spending.
- Windows: MHS and LHS new window installations continuing
- HVAC: Lincoln, MMS, Adams, and Woodland Hills HVAC projects ongoing.
- Roofs: Carriage Hills, Edison, TMS, and Lawton High Roofing wrapping up
- Cafeteria: MacArthur High School
- Textbooks: Three subjects of textbooks adopted for delivery in fall: Math, Social Studies, and Science
A few Extras to Note:
- On January 5th, we met with our district-wide committees to begin planning for the equipment, technology and furniture components of the bond. Two staff members from each site, principals and district leadership met with Dr. Deighan. These members will help keep the sites informed as the district moves forward.
- The district is on the fastest schedule legally possible to ensure that EMS and Safe Rooms start as ASAP! It takes MONTHS to get these things in place, but we are not wasting a day to ensure that we break ground in the Spring – as promised -- (Please see: Toby Dawn the Christmas Elf)
- We had the LAWTON CAN Page to share information (it is still there, to keep us honest), but we have added the LAWTON SIP Page to store all updates and information as we move forward.
District staff members have worked extremely hard to move as fast as possible. We owe it to you to deliver on this bond and to keep you informed. (*View SIP Project Updates)