5th Grade LETRA Field-Trip Parent Information
Friday, May 25, 2018
* Students may bring a lunch from home, or they can get a sack lunch from the school cafeteria. Teachers need to turn in a final school sack lunch count by Thursday, May 24th.
* A hotdog, chips, cookie, and a bottle of water will be available to all students (in addition to their lunch, or in place of a school/home lunch – students’ choice).
* The LETRA concession/store will be open and students that bring money and wish to purchase items may do so.
* We recommend students bring an extra bottle of water – it is going to be hot outside.
Planned Activities: There will not be any water activities during this field trip.
* Use of the playground area.
* Fishing – students will need to bring their own fishing equipment and be responsible for keeping track of it.
Additional Activity students may access:
* Put Put: $1 per student, per game (students are responsible for paying for their own games).
The LETRA $5 per car fee will be waived for those parents serving as chaperones. Please let Mr. Whipp know if you will be driving your own vehicle behind the bus so he can tell the gate the number of cars to let pass – please enter immediately following the bus.
Students should wear sunscreen and a hat. There is also the possibility of mosquitoes/flies – wearing bug spray might help. We ask that students not share sunscreen and/or bug spray due to potential allergies.
Clothes: school appropriate shorts and t-shirts