Congratulations LPS students for their successful results at the State Career Development Event Contests!
First Place and National Qualifying Agricultural Communications Team (out of 28 teams):
- Members: Gabby Barber (EHS)- State Champion Individual, Elizabeth Kopsky (MHS), Colby Gilpen (MHS), and Tiffani Snow (MHS)
First Place and National Qualifying Food Science and Technology Team (out of 27 teams):
- Members: Jonathan Lowinski (MHS), Madison Muller (EMS), Hailey Barnes (MMS), Alexa Barnes (MMS)
(This is probably one of the youngest teams ever to win this contest—three eighth grade students and a 10th grade student.)
Eleventh Place Floriculture Team (out of 23 teams):
- Members: Ashlye Workman (EHS), Malia Avila (EHS), Cherokee Madison (LHS), and Madison Tate (LHS)
State FFA Agriscience Fair:
- Animal Systems: Madison Muller (EMS) - First Place
- Environmental Systems: Gabby Barber (EHS) - Second Place
- Plant Systems: Lei Lana Niedo (CMS) and Malaki Avendano (CMS) - Second Place Team
- Food Processing Systems: Dean Lester (LHS) and Teage Hamilton (MHS) - Fourth Place Team
State Public Speaking: District Runner-Up and State Qualifiers:
- Tiffani Snow (MHS) - Agriscience Division
- Gabby Barber (EHS) - Agribusiness and Agricultural Policy Divisions
- Gabby Barber (EHS) - Fourth Place State Agribusiness Division
Three FFA members are also awaiting the results on awards to be presented on Wednesday afternoon. These students qualified for the top three in their respective proficiency award areas.
- Gabby Barber (EHS) - Agricultural Communications
- Makayla Ortiz (EHS) - Veterinary Science
- Colby Gilpen (MHS) - Secretary's Book
The Oklahoma FFA Convention is on April 30-May 1 at the Cox Convention Center in OKC. The state champion teams will be introduced on stage in front of 10 thousand people at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Admission is free.