Please help us to spread the word! See information below and WATCH our latest We Are LPS Podcast where Lisa Carson shares details of the fundraiser: https://bit.ly/LPSFPodcast.
A letter from Executive Director Lisa Carson:
LPSF is creating a cookbook! As you know, the pandemic has changed our world, and everyone is doing their best to adapt and overcome. In alignment with that, we’ve started this cookbook venture in order to create a new revenue stream to help fund our annual Grants to Teachers program. The books will be sold during the holiday season, and all proceeds are going straight back to LPS teachers and students.
This is where you come in! We need your help in three ways:
- Tell everyone you know what we’re up to! Help us get the community excited to support this project.
- Ask your favorite home cooks in the community to submit recipes – whether it’s your parents, your siblings, your best friends, or your co-workers, anyone can submit a recipe! Our goal is to have over 200 in the book to bring families new ideas for staying safer at home by cooking with family. (See the end of this letter for how to submit!)
- This holiday season purchase a cookbook (or 2)! They’d make a great gift for yourself, for someone local, or even someone who’s not local! As a bonus, you’ll feel great supporting our education system here in Lawton.
If you’re an LPS teacher, we need one more bit of support from you! We’d like to include a few short entries throughout our cookbook from those that have received a grant from the LPS Foundation. Your story should tell the community what the grant was for, and how it impacted your students. We know that our local educators are the best at communicating to the Lawton Fort Sill community how these grants make a difference.
Thank you so much for taking the time to support our exciting endeavor! We greatly appreciate the support we’ve received over the years from our community and we know that this cookbook will make a huge difference in the lives of our teachers and students as they adapt to a new way of teaching.
Recipes can be submitted one of five ways and need to be received no later than September 30th.
- Visit //LawtonPSF.org/cookbook to upload your recipe as a document, scan, or picture.
- Email your recipe to LawtonPublicSchoolFoundation@gmail.com with a subject line of “Cookbook Recipe.”
- Fax your recipe to (580) 357-7989.
- Bring it by the LPS Foundation office located at 4005 W. Gore Blvd, inside Liberty National Bank.
- Mail it to us at P.O. Box 2323, Lawton, OK 73502.
If you would like, you can personalize your recipe with a donation of $25. To personalize the recipe, you would submit a special picture (at least 1350 pixels wide) that accents the recipe itself or submit a picture of the person that creates a special memory for the recipe. (Ex: My grandmother made chicken soup and this recipe has been handed down for several generations. I would love to honor her by submitting a picture of her.) This is a great way to honor someone, donate to LPS Foundation and assist the teachers and students of LPS.
Once received, our cookbook committee will work hard to select the best ones, organize them into appropriate categories, proof and edit them. Then the publishing company will compile them into the final book!
Executive Director of Lawton Public School Foundation
Lawton Public School Foundation
4005 W Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73505