According to the national organization, "The overall purpose of the PTSA is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children."
Explore the arts! Participate in PTA Reflections! We are kicking off the 2015 Reflections program. Our theme this year is Let Your Imagination Fly...
The art categories are Visual Arts, Film Production, Dance Choreography, Literature, Photography, and Music Composition. Click on the art category to see the specific rules. Deadline for entries is November 13, 2015. Rules must be followed exactly for each category for the entry or they will disqualified. Each work must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
If you would like to join the PTSA, membership is $5.
The values posted below are listed on the official site.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.