Parent Portal : How do I use Parent Portal?
This is the first screen you will see when logging on for the Parent Portal. The first line is the User Name. This is usually a six digit number. The next line is the password line which is usually 8 numbers. The final selection is to click on the blue check box to the right of Adams Elementary to select which school your student is in. Finally, click on Logon to get into the portal.
The next page that will be seen is the main Grade Summary screen. This is a snapshot of all grades as of this second. Clicking on a grade (see arrow 1) will take you to a detailed listing of all assignments in that class. Further clicking on each assignment will give you details on how that assignment was graded.
A detail look at the right side of the Grade Summary screen gives you the options that are available:
1) Will always bring you back to the main screen - the Grade Summary Screen
2) E-mail the teacher - if the e-mail doesn't work, complain to the school that the teacher is not allowing e-mail communication.
To make a report you have to do four steps:
3) Select what class you wish to see
4) Select the marking period (or nine weeks)
5) Which report do you want:
Student Assignments - Show all assignments & grades
Missing Assignments - Show all missing assignments.
6) Click on Get Report to see the report screen you selected.
7) The options area:
Print - to print whatever is on the screen
E-Mail Notification - To get grade reports & notifications sent to you
Change Password - To put in your personal password (must be 6 to 24 characters in length and have letters and numbers included).