Lawton Area Lifelong Learning Center (LALLC)
Register online at www.gedcomputer.com
Who can take the GED test?
- Persons who are not enrolled in high school and who do not have a high school diploma
- Person who live in Oklahoma
- Person who are 16 year of age or older*
The agreement form is available at t he Student Services Office located in the Shoemaker Education Center. It must be signed by a parent or guardian and a school official of the school disctrict you live.
How can a person sign up to take the GED Tests?
Go in person to the Lawton GED Testing Center and fill out an application. You will need to show proof of age, proof that you are a resident of Oklahoma and have a government issued photo ID, such as a driver's license.
The cost of the test is $120 which is due when you fill out your GED application form.
Retests are $24 per subject.
Individuals with disabilities (physical/chronic health, emotional/mental health, attention deficit/hyperactivity, and/or LD) may apply for accommodations.
What can I expect to see on the GED Tests?
The Writing Skills test requires you to write an essay. All other questions on the GED are multiple choise with five possible answers.
The contents of the test are:
|Math (with calculator) Part 1||45 Minutes|
|Math (with calculator) Part 2||45 Minutes|
|Language Arts, Reading||60 Minutes|
|Social Studies||70 Minutes|
|Language Arts, Writing, Part 1||75 Minutes|
|Language Arts, Writing (essay), Part 2||45 Minutes|
Free Adult Basic Education Classes (GED/ABE)
Classes begin and are held at:
Location: Frederick Douglass Professional Development
and Services Center
102 E. Gore Blvd.
Lawton, OK 73501-3025
Daytime: Mon, Wed, Fri, from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Evening: Tues, Thurs from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Workforce Oklahoma, 1711 S. 11th St.
Daytime: Mon & Wed from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
& 12:30-3:30 p.m.
Tues & Thurs 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Fri 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
What scores are neede to pass the GED Tests?
To pass the GED Tests, you need a minimum of 410 on each of the five tests AND a total of 2250 overall.
You will receive your scores in the mail about three weeks after you have taken the GED Tests.
If you pass the GED Tests, you will receive an Oklahoma High School Diploma, suitable for framing, along with your scores.
If you do not pass, you may call your GED Testing Center and ask to test again; however, you may only test three times in a calendar year, and there will be a charge for the retest.
The GED Test...
- is offered to adults who did not complete high school. Those who pass will earn an Oklahoma High School Diploma from the Oklahoma State Department of Education.
- is not a remedial study program.
- covers what graduating high school seniors should know about writing, science, math, social studies, literature and the arts.
- measures reading comprehension, analytical ability, writing and evaluation skills.
- takes approximately 7 1/2 hours to complete.*
*additional time with breaks and required paper work.