What is a Balanced Curriculum?
Maintaining a balanced curriculum is an essential aspect of proper school administration. It’s required for the assurance that all students can reach their potential and that no inequalities are established.
A balanced curriculum is one where:
- Intellectual, social, and emotional needs are addressed.
- Students are invited to participate in instruction that is Hands-on and Minds-on.
- Lessons are planned, prepared and presented with the Common Core State Standards and PARCC assessments.
- Knowledge and comprehension are regarded to as gateways to application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
- Interconnectedness is fostered for success in life-long learning.
- Age, interest, and ability appropriateness guide instruction, material selection and assessment.
The Illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
Message from the Superintendent
The School District provides a rigorous, high quality education for all students. We offer numerous opportunities for our students and are proud of our outstanding academic programs as well as our highly successful extra-curricular programs. The district’s focus continues to be “Preparing Today for Tomorrow” while creating a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration between all stakeholders, and shared accountability.
This is achieved by focusing on:
- Data-driven decision making.
- Research based instructional practices.
- A safe and caring school community of learners.
- Collaborative partnerships between the school, home and community, the district continues to show steady improvement gains.
I feel very fortunate to be a part of not only the School District but the community, as well. Through the combined efforts of all stakeholders, our community and our schools are a very special place to live and learn.
I hope that you find our website useful in providing information, communication, and insight about our district, schools, faculty, and administration. In addition to our website you may stay abreast of district information by following me on Twitter.
It is our sincere desire to work with our community and parents to meet the needs of each and every student in the district. We look forward to working with each of you in the coming school year.
Should you have any additional questions regarding the School District, please feel free to contact me personally or one of our buliding principals.